Friday, March 4, 2011

The Next Season...

After almost two years, the next season has arrived. I have been involved in ministry ever since I became a Christian. I spent a few months working with the youth group at my moms church when I was first saved, I worked on the sound system and Sunday school at my old church for about a year or two. I became assistant youth pastor a year after arriving at that church and six months after I was the youth pastor. I worked as youth pastor there for five years (one year was unofficial but I did all the work). And Then I moved to my current church.

This is where the rubber met the road. I came in without a leadership position, without knowing anybody, just relying on God and his word. For the longest time I was disheartened at the idea of being at a church without being a leader. Not because I wanted a title, but simply because I have a heart for people and for ministry. While there I was reminded that I needed to be at church for God Himself, not for ministry. I needed to focus of my relationship with God and that is exactly what I did. I waited for the next season, quietly depending on God.

So last night I was prayed over at my church, the pastors laid hands and we prayed together for release into ministry. My sister and I will be heading up a block team for the City impact ministry at my church. I am excited about the people that we will be helping and impacting and I am excited about what God will be bringing my way. And now I return to the smiles, headaches, frustrations, accomplishments, disagreements, victories and all else that comes with ministry and leadership! I go into this relying on God, knowing that He has placed me here and will do His will through us in the lives of many.

I ask you all to keep My sister and I in prayer throughout this season and the many to come!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment