Monday, April 19, 2010

Inciting Incident #1

Word of God says to me:
“This is a new Chapter in my life.”

Now, Your basic story Arch:
A Character who wants something and overcomes conflict to get it.

The character – me!
SO… first off I must have the “what if’s” to find what I want…

Wants something:
- a new job,
- to write a book,
- to be a pastor.

And overcomes conflict to get it…
The reality of the situation is that sucess doesn't come without a struggle; nothing will just be handed to me. I believe the conflict will come in many different forms. First off my own doubts and insecurities. Second, rejections. Third anything else that will be getting in my way in the near future.

So after I have my “wants,” and my possible deterrents, I realize that all I need to get started is to take that first step. I needed to enter my “point of no return,” my “inciting incident.” Theoretically after taking that step, it kind of forces me to follow through with my goal. Remember, “dreams don’t become reality until they first become goals!” – (quote by me, lol)

So in the near future I will be creating some inciting incidents to get the ball rolling on changing my life. I have already started acting on each goal in different ways. But the goal for which I have actually attained an inciting incident is the “new job.”

Inciting Incident:
Last Friday I applied for a job with a statewide agency that helps victims of domestic violence. I almost didn’t apply but immediately thought that if I got the inciting incident in place, that I would have to at least try to get this job, so I would at least be moving toward my goals instead of just standing still…
And so with that, inciting incident #1 is born. My interview appointment is next Monday April 26th at 1pm. I’m ready for my new chapter. Wish me luck! Prayers are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Do you read Donald Miller at all? If not, I highly recommend A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. :) It's all about writing your life from the perspective of a story writer. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete